It is common to discuss a book as a three-act structure.
- Book Act I – The Beginning
Setup: Introduce the main characters, the world they live in, the inciting incident and the goal.
- Book Act II – The Middle
Confrontation: The rising action as the protagonist confronts the antagonist and the other obstacles.
- Book Act III – The Resolution
Resolution: This includes the climax and resolution of the story and subplots.
A trailer is created with building blocks from Act I of the book. The trailer can be thought of as a three-act structure also, but with a twist, the curtain call.
- Trailer Act I – Lead – Grab the viewer
- Trailer Act II – Excite – Build Interest
- Trailer Act III – Amaze – Hook the viewer
- Trailer Curtain Call – Direct where to buy or for more information and trailer credits